Monday, September 4, 2017

September A Blog Named Hero Challenge

Hello there!   It's time for the September A Blog Named Hero Challenge!   This time the theme is 'One Layer', and the collaboration partner is a company near and dear to my heart - CAS-ual Fridays!    I'm a Girl Friday over at CFS, and I'm thrilled to be using both Hero Arts and CAS-ual Fridays for this month's cards!

I used quite a few products on this one layer wonder - you'l find them all listed below!   To begin, I die cut the tag die from a piece of thin cardstock and then placed the stencil below it.   I sponged some ink through the stencil and negative die cut to create the background for my adorable mermaid silhouette.   I stamped the mermaid several times using my MISTI and  once satisfied with the ink coverage, I stamped again with Versamark and heat embossed with glitter embossing powder.   I stamped the sentiment by partially inking the words so they'd tuck in nicely around the mermaid's tail.   

Hope you've enjoyed my card today and I also hope you join in the challenge this month!   One layer cards are difficult, but I was so pleased with how this turned out....can't wait to see what you create!

SUPPLIES
Hero Arts Ombre Ink - Tide Pool to Navy
Hero Arts Abstract Waves Stencil
Hero Arts Color Layering Goldfish
Versamark Ink
Sparkle Embossing Powder
(Find all of these at the Hero Arts store)


CAS-ual Fridays Mermaids Stamp Set
CAS-ual Fridays Scallop Tag Fri-Dies
(Find all of these at CAS-ual Fridays, Simon Says Stamp or Ellen Hutson)

You can also save 15% if you do any shopping at CAS-ual Fridays by using my code, KIMBERLY2017  - enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much!