Wednesday, April 19, 2017

'Be Creative' Wall Hanging

Hello!    I have a non-card project to share with you today!   When I received my awesome box of supplies from ADORNit and saw their  Bracket Shaped Surface Set, I  knew immediately that I wanted to make a wall hanging for my craft room.   

I traced the shape onto the back side of the Blender Basics - Black Chevron paper and used an X-acto knife to cut it out.   I decoupaged the patterned paper onto the bracket shape with Mod Podge, and added some Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges.     

I cut the letters using my Scan n Cut, and decoupaged them onto the shape as well.   Once dry, I added a few spritzes of white ink spray - I'm not wild about how those turned out, but they do give it a kind of distressed look, which is fun!   My last coat of Mod Podge smeared the ink a bit, but I still like the results!    Once the Mod Podge was fully dry, I coated the entire shape with glitter spray and used my Crop-A-Dile to cut holes in the top to thread the red cord through.   It looks great hanging on my craft room door!  

These shape surfaces are so much fun!   Next up is one for my daughter's bedroom!   I'll be sure to share once it's finished!    

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much!