Friday, December 2, 2016

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #38

Hello, hello!   Can you believe it is December already?!   My Christmas cards are all done, so now it's time to start thinking about the thank-you cards I will need to send out after the holidays.

  Today marks the beginning of a new Inky Paws Challenge (a color challenge this time!), so I decided to play along and start my thank-you card stash.  Here's what I came up with!

handmade card by Kimberly Rendino | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com | Newton's Nook Designs | holiday | rustic | thank you card | inky paws challenge |festive forest | stamping | cardmaking | papercraft

I stamped and heat embossed the trees from the Festive Forest stamp set on a strip of red cardstock.  The sentiment is from Vegetable Garden - I performed a quick bit of "stamp surgery" to change the horizontal orientation to a stacked orientation so that it fit a bit better.  I finished pulling all of the colors from the challenge in by adding a strip of aqua cardstock above and below the stamped piece and adding some patterned paper from Lawn Fawn which included hints all of the colors.  Super simple and easily replicated if you want to create a set!   

I hope you have a chance to play along with this month's challenge!    For full details, head over to the Inky Paws Challenge page of the NND blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much!