Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Happy Holidays & Some News

Hi there crafty friends!   I have some news to share as well as a card today - but lets get to the card first, shall we?
Happy Holidays card by Kimberly Rendino | handmade card | Newton's Nook Designs | Christmas | tags | cardmaking | papercraft

I've used the Newton's Nook Designs' Tag Sampler stamp set to create the background for my card.   I stamped the back side of one of the tag images repeatedly on my kraft cardstock using brown, red and green inks from Lawn Fawn.   Then I heat embossed the stitched tag shape over top with white embossing powder.   I like the random look of the tags going in different directions!

To finish off the card, I stamped the sentiment, from Holiday Smooches, onto a black cardstock strip and angled the end.   I adhered it to my card and added a die cut tree, complete with glitter star, from the Festive Forest die set.   The tree fits perfectly on the tag!

Alrighty, so now for the news - sadly, this is my last official post for Newton's Nook.   I want to thank Jen & Jeff for such an awesome opportunity!!  I've had a blast these last two years!   Also, a huge thanks to all of you who have left comments on my posts - I've appreciated every single one, and I hope you still stop by my blog when you get a chance!   

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much!