Saturday, May 14, 2016

Distress Ink Lifting

Hi there!    I've got a card for you today featuring CAS-ual Fridays stamps & Fri-Dies - the background is the Curtis background stamp, the sentiment is from Girlfriend and the die is Love Ya.  

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps | Distress Ink | friendship | handmade card | heat embossing | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com


This is a technique I picked up for Jennifer McGuire....isn't she amazing?!?!   I started by using Distress Ink direct to my watercolor paper.   Once it was dry, I stamped the Curtis background with Versamark ink and heat set it with clear embossing powder.   Then for the fun part!   I sprayed the whole piece with water and lifted some of the color with a paper towel.   I just kept repeating this spritzing and lifting until I was happy with the result!   

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps | Distress Ink | friendship | handmade card | heat embossing | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com

The background was pretty awesome, so I kept the sentiment simple - the love ya die was cut from black paper and the remainder of the sentiment was embossed with white onto a black cardstock strip and adhered with foam tape.

Hope you've enjoyed my card today!   Remember, as always, to save 15% off on your CAS-ual Fridays Stamps order, just enter code KIMBERLY16 at checkout.    Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much!