Thursday, March 3, 2016

Make A Wish!

Hi all!   I'm playing along with The Sparkle & Shine Challenge today - I was inspired by the St. Patrick's Day inspiration photo, but since I really don't send cards for St. Patty's Day, I went with the green and gold and created a birthday card - probably for my son who will turn 15 next week!  Oh my heavens, where does the time go?!?!?!
green & gold | sequins | cas-ual fridays | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com | handmade card

I began by making a background using multiple shades of alcohol inks on glossy paper.   After I had that completed, I thought it needed a little something more, so I loaded up my ink tool tool with alcohol and dabbed through a stencil to lighten some of the areas, revealing the pattern.   I love how it adds a subtle look to the already fun inked background! I cut the panel apart using pierced frame dies from MFT and solid green cardstock.   Several of the layers are popped up for added interest!  The sentiment panel uses the Shenanigans stamp set from Cas-ual Fridays - I snipped it apart so that I could position the words vertically.  I added a few flecks of gold mist and a few gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to finish the card off!

CHALLENGES 

Sparkle & Shine 





2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful birthday card! I love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you have made me want to pull out my neglected alcohol inks!!
    Thanks for joining us at Sparkle and Shine Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!