Sunday, October 11, 2015

Winnie & Walter WCMD Part II


I'm back with another entry for W&W WCMD!   I'm entering this card in two challenges - the Sketched Challenge and the Color Challenge. 
winnie & walter | birthday card | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com

These colors look surprisingly great together  I am anything but a fan of the color yellow, so it's pretty rare for me to use this much on a card - but I do like how it turned out!   I had a leftover scalloped die cut in my stash and I thought it would look cool if I trimmed the edges off the scallop to use them as an accent on the focal panel to follow along with Gayatri's sketch (BTW, the card she made is one of my all-time favorites!   Check it out!).    I stamped some of the flowers from The Party and some accents from Moonlight in mint ink for additional interest.   The sentiment is from The Big, the Bold & The Happy.   I finished the card with an air-dry clay butterfly I made awhile back!

Tomorrow begins the October Newton's Nook Designs release blog hop!   Hope to see you back then!

2 comments:

I appreciate your comments so much!