Saturday, October 3, 2015

Happy World Card Making Day!

Happy World Card Making Day, everyone!    Today's card is one that I thought I had finished - had even photographed -, but wasn't satisfied with, so I went back and made a few changes, and I'm much happier with this version!   

WCMD | The Ton | sequins | peony | handmade card | kimpletekreativity.blogspot.com

This card is made using the Large Peony 1 stamp set from The Ton.   I stamped the peony on watercolor paper and colored it in with my Zig watercolor markers.  Have you been following along with Sandy Allnock's Go For the Gold class?   Today she showed a comparison between the Luna gold marker and the brush gold marker.  I don't have either of those in my stash, but I do have a Gold Wink of Stella marker.   I thought maybe that was just what this card needed, so I smeared some of the gold marker on my craft mat and added some water.  I painted some of this mixture onto the center of my peony and I love how it looks in real life!   It added just enough sparkle, and is nice and warm (rather than the cooler sparkle I'd have if I had just used my clear Wink of Stella).   I added strips of gold glitter paper and thought the black polka dot paper from PTI was a super contrast!  Gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finished up this card.   It went from 'just ok', to really nice once I added the gold glitter "paint"!

I'm entering this card on Sandy's blog - today is the last day to enter, so get card-making, everyone, and link up your gold project inspired by what you learn in Sandy's awesome videos!


I hope you are able to create this weekend....it's so awesome that we have a day to call our own! :)

   

5 comments:

  1. Happy WCMD and happy hopping! This card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WCMD. I am really enjoying watercoloring right now. I don't have the Zig set, but what you've done here is wonderful! So glad to have found you through SSS World Cardmaking Day link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what a little gold can do for just about any card, isn't it? Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! The gold accents are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! Love your design and colors. Thanks so much for playing along in The Ton's World Cardmaking Day Project Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments so much!