Friday, September 18, 2015

MFT Card Design Superstar!


Hi guys!  I'm checking in before the weekend begins with a card I made for the MFT Card Design Superstar contest.   The contest ends at midnight, so I'm getting this one in by the skin of my teeth, lol!  



So this turned out to be a little more complicated than I would've liked....but you probably can't tell by looking at it, lol!   I used the Label Maker Sentiments set and repeatedly stamped the birthday label stacked and staggered so that there was no white space.   I then cut  the entire thing out by hand.   I temporarily mounted it onto a piece of patterned paper from the Dots & Stripes Sorbet patterned paper pad.  I ran the piece through my Vagabond with the Happy die centered (I had to be sure I saved all the negative space pieces!).   I cut another happy from Summer Splash cardstock and fit it into the main panel, reattaching the negative space pieces as well.   I removed the Birthday portion and re-adhered it using foam adhesive.   The dimension looks really cool!  I added a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins for a bit of sparkle!  


Hope you've enjoyed taking a look at this card...hope you have a fantastic weekend



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much!