Good Morning to you! It's almost Friday....one more day and the weekend will be here! I've had this one done for a few days and I'm just now getting around to posting it. I wish you could see the gingham detail at the bottom, but it kind of faded into the card.... The challenge this week was to create chipboard accents by running thin cardboard/chipboard through your die cut machine and stacking the pieces to create dimension. I used PTI's ice cream cone die to do this. It was super easy-peasy! I'll be doing this one again, for sure!
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Saturday, September 24, 2011
This was a cool challenge where we stamped white ink over colored ink and blended to make a "foggy" effect. For fun, I colored in some of the leaves with Memento markers then put Glossy Accents on top. Cute!
On a side note, a little blog name change going on here! I found out that there was another blog with the same name, so I thought I'd change it up. Hopefully this one isn't out there in the blogosphere as well, lol!!!
Friday, September 23, 2011
This one features a watercolor stamped background done with distress stains. The coolest part is the butterflies - they are done using a Tim Holtz technique - rock candy crackle over grungeboard which "crackles" when dry. Then, distress stains are applied and they fill in the cracks for that cool look. The picture doesn't do it justice!
It is complete! Well....almost. I want to change a couple little things, but I have to wait for my order from Simon Says Stamp to arrive. I am so happy with how this turned out, I think I want to make another one! I learned a ton over the last two weeks....and I'll definitely do another online class!
Monday, September 19, 2011
I tried out one of the new techniques I learned for this card for my father-in-law. This one is color blend stamping - I first inked the paper with Faded Jeans Distress Ink, then stamped the image in Fired Brick Distress Ink. Turned out kinda cool! It's hard to tell here, but that star uses the faux metallic paper technique....love that one!
So here is my third row for class. My daughter took the pic, so it's not the best! I have a few changes I want to make....I'm not loving the butterfly in the last heart, so I will probably change that eventually. Also, that second one in row three is kind of backwards - the green needs to go towards the right and the red to the left. I know - that might be a little anal retentive, lol! But of course, I'll have to fix that too!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Card two for today, I'm on a roll! This one uses the embossed acetate technique along with some rosettes. The picture didn't turn out great - It's hard to tell that the rosettes are kraft paper with inked edges. It's much prettier in real life! Now that I've got the blogging down and the mojo flowing, I'll have to figure out how to take nicer pictures of my cards and such!
Here's my card for Papertrey Ink's Make-It-Monday challenge. This week we had to use acrylic paint, so I tried out one of the new techniques I learned from Inspiration Showcase. This is an acrylic paint resist using PTI's Dot Spot and Distress Inks....
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
This is the canvas that we've been working on for Inspiration Showcase class. I completed Row 2 today, and decided to switch from the scalloped circles I started with to the hearts, which I cut out with my Cricut. So now I'm in the process of going back an re-doing the Row 1 stuff. I got a couple done today, and will work on the other three tomorrow. I am so pleased with how it is turning out!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
So I signed up for Jennifer McGuire's "Inspiration Showcase", an online card making class. I am loving it! The above is a card that I made for my Grandmother's 90th birthday. I had a lot of fun using an embossed resist technique. I think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt!